Location St.? Louis, MO 63105
Industries Entertainment Venues and Theaters
Job Type Full Time Employee
Years of Experience 2+? to 5 Years
Education Level Associate Degree
Career Level Experienced (Non-Manager)
Salary Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
DIRECTOR of WEDDING PLANNING
About the Job
A leading St.? Louis based wedding planning and wedding design firm, has an opportunity available for a Director of Wedding Planning with 2+? years of sales, wedding planning and entertainment /? hospitality industry experience.?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN ENTREPREUNURIAL PERSON WHO IS AGGRESSIVE, SELF MOTIVATED AND SALES DRIVEN.? SUPERIOR CANDIDATES WILL HAVE EXISTING CLIENTS AND RELATIONSHIPS THAT WILL BENEFIT OUR COMPANY.?
As the Director of Wedding Planning, you will identify and pursue brides, grooms and families that are in the beginning stages of planning for weddings.?
You will offer a myriad of services to clients including comprehensive or partial event planning, venue selection, catering management, tastings, event rentals, linen selection, décor, floral design, audio /? visual equipment, lighting, tenting, musical entertainment, printed materials, invitations, menu cards, hotel accommodations, guest transportations, valet parking /? shuttle services and other wedding related services.?
The Director of Wedding Planning will work closely with, and communicate with, Senior Management as well communicate with Project Management teams during the sales process.?
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Develop a successful system of reaching brides, grooms and families EARLY in the planning process
* Calling prospects and setting appointments to present wedding services
* Developing relationships with targeted clients that result in sales
* Effectively present company services to potential clients
* Developing proposals and customized pitch materials for clients
* Maintaining an active list of clients
* Report on client status to Senior Management
* Developing and maintaining collateral (brochures, photos, flyers, etc.?)
* Bringing existing clients and relationships to the fold
* Communicating with vendors and internal Project Managers
* On-site event management
* Project recap & financial reporting
Experience requirements include, but are not limited to:
* Minimum of 2 to 4 years of wedding /? event industry experience
* Experience in building and developing client leads
* Experience interfacing and communicating with Senior Management and clients
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, presentation and problem solving skills and the ability to gain support and establish working relationships with managers and peers are essential
* Strong knowledge of wedding trends, services and products
* Exceptional writing and communication skills
* Experience in managing budgets
* Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint & Word
* Ability to deal effectively with all types of personalities is essential
* Travel may be required
* Schedule will vary, and will include working evenings, weekends and holidays (as necessary) to cover events
* Requires long periods of standing
This position is for entrepreneurial sales-driven candidates with a love for the wedding and event industry.? Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements stated.? Candidate will be expected to generate sales within the first six months of employment.?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.?
Please send resume to:
weddingshr@?live.?com ATTN: Human Resources